Booking Form for these sessions
Find your way through the career planning maze
– how to plan your career?
– what do PhD graduates do?
– how to succeed in academia?
– what non-academic roles are there available?
– how do employers view PhDs?
Dates: Thursday 21 January 2016 (14:30-16:00)
Find out more about yourself in this practical interactive session
– what skills you have?
– what motives and interests you?
-what environment suits you?
– how do these impact on career choice?
– what steps to take to plan your career?
Dates: Thursday 4 February 2016 (14:30-16:30)
Get tips on CV writing and maximise your chance of success in job applications
– where to look for vacancies?
– how to market yourself effectively?
– how to write an academic CV?
– how effective your CV is?
Dates: Thursday 18 February 2016 (14:30-16:00)
Prepare yourself for interviews
– explore the purpose of an interview
– outline different interview formats
– what do employers want?
– how to present yourself effectively
– chance to practice
Dates: Thursday 3 March 2016 (14:30-16:00)